Monday, December 8, 2014

Little Sparrow Review and Swatches



So I received my pretties from Little Sparrow Cosmetics today and I must say, it was DEFINITELY worth the wait. I’m so excited Dreamworld will be stocking Little Sparrow in the new year because I am in love so far.


























I should note my order was for the sample size set of the Grimm collection, a mini of Nevermore, and a sample of the crush lip cream. Obviously, I got much more, including a full size of crush, a sample of the finishing powder, AND a mini of the eyeshadow shade ‘sin’. It’s like Jessica knew I had been looking at Sin…. The packaging was very nice, and at first glance the sample baggies seem well filled and the minis might actually be full size, I usually get samples so I don’t really have a basis though!




I immediately depotted the samples into 3 gram jars, as I HATE baggies. Not quite as generous as some Shiro samples I’ve gotten the bags were still pretty full for sure. Like Shiro, the stickers fit perfectly on top of the 3 gram jars so I can keep the pretties! I will note that I also have a vendetta against all lip color requiring an applicator, and I somehow missed that the lip creams were tube style. I think I will like it, though it swatched extremely bright and coral on me.




On to swatches! Due to the gloom of December I couldn’t get good natural light pictures so I took several shots in different light to try to display them as accurately as possible. Eyeshadow swatches are over NYX milk, Fergie Take on the Day primer, and bare skin top to bottom.


Swatches bottom up: Beautiful Poison, Prince Charming, Darwves, Huntsman, Hag, Nevermore, and Sin. Also seen on top: Golden Youth powder and Crush lip cream.






Obviously the bottom swatch set is best, but I felt like some of the gorgeous glitter got lost so I added the others, please excuse the terrible dorm lighting and random decor in the background.




Bonus pic of my hand post swatching- I usually just wipe my brush on my hand to clean it off.


Overall, I really like the colors. I think Huntsman might be a touch too light for me but the absolute perfectness of the others makes up for it. I’m not really comfortable wearing purple eyeshadow but I will figure it out for the beauty that is Nevermore. So very Poe. Also, I have a huge weakness for fairytales so the fact it is Grimm themed just makes them a million times better.


In the interest of full disclosure it did take over a month for the products to get here. The stated TAT was 14 days, but to my understanding Jessica had some serious health issues. When you are an indie business that is run by one person, health concerns can severely affect a lot of things. That being said, I think Jessica handled it wonderfully especially with making the step to have Dreamworld take over distribution so she can focus on her career and health.


What are your favorite Little Sparrow products? Any other makeup companies with fairytale lines I should know about?

No comments:

Post a Comment