Friday, December 12, 2014

Black Friday Orders Have Arrived! Review: Parlo Cosmetics


      Hello pretties! I got home from finals last night to discover I might have stress shopped, alot. Therefore this will be the first of many reviews in the coming weeks. If you have an etsy gift card or money received as gifts I hope to help you decide where the best places are, depending on your wants and needs. First up is Parlo Cosmetics. The packaging is very nice and clean, with some awesome labeling. I only ordered 5 of the jars pictured, the sixth "mallard" was a freebie with purchase. Parlo Cosmetics is extremely reasonably priced and her things were a straight up steal with her 40% black friday sale. Each of the 5 gram jars (net weight 1 gr according to the package) was only $1.35. She has phased out 5 gram jars for the most part, packing in 10 gram jars with 3 grams net weight for $3.75. Shipping was quick and I received tracking as well. 

        Before I start swatches I think it's important to note she does not list ingredients for her lip tints, the packaging she send out does contain it but not her Etsy listings. Personally I have not bought her lip tints and the ingredients lists for the eyeshadows are avaliable so it has not been an issue for me. However, I know that is an important thing in the indie community so it's something to consider when deciding to purchase.

     On to the swatches! Swatched over Fergie Take on the Day primer, NYX milk, and bare skin. I took a variety of angles to try to show the glitter and shifts but Astro-Not and Safari both didn't get the full effect communicated. Top to bottom: Luster, Safari, Astro-Not, Aster Me Nicely, Mallard.




      Mallard is definitely a color I wouldn't have picked for myself but I'm still intrigued by it. I think these are great as every day washes or base blending, which would make the bigger jars come in handy as you'd use more product that way. My favorites are definitely Safari and Astro-Not, the shift and depth are amazing in person. I think all of them are slightly different than swatches on her Etsy store and they definitely need primer. Are they as pigmented and in-depth as a bigger indie such as Shiro? Definitely not, however for light makeup with a simple wash I will definitely be reaching for these beauties.

     Parlo Cosmetics is currently hosting a holiday sale for 20% with the code "presents" until December 19th, the last day to ship with USPS. I'd definitely consider picking a couple up for presents for makeup beginners and those who like simpler looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment